Our lips can be one of the most eye-catching features on our faces. They come in many shapes and sizes. Plump lips are viewed as a symbol of sensuality, youthfulness and beauty.
Lip plumping treatments are popular at any age and are used to either soften fine lines, create a fuller look, fix asymmetries or even slightly change the shape of our lips. Our lips are unique, and treatment should be unique as well. The two main treatment options are dermal fillers and Botox.
With Valentine’s Day coming up, you may want to really play up your lips if you’ve got someone extra kissable in your life.
This procedure uses Botox which is a neuromodulator. With a lip flip, Botox temporarily relaxes the part of the muscle over the upper lip, causing the lip to roll slightly upward so it appears more voluminous and defined. This muscle relaxation can also help smooth vertical lines around the lips.
Lip Flip details:
· Amplifies the natural shape of your lips, for a subtle natural look
· Less invasive and expensive as fewer units are used
· Almost no downtime, may be minimal bruising
· Results take 10 – 14 days to show
· Lasts between 2 to 3 months
· Procedure takes between 10 to 15 minutes
Many lip fillers are made from hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that our bodies create. Fillers can be used throughout the face to increase volume, soften lines and define specific areas. It can also be used to add volume to the lips.
Lip Filler details:
· Can be placed in specific areas to create the most optimal shape for your lips and face
· Adds more volume than a lip flip
· Results are immediate although there is a process for healing where they may swell and bruise for a few days. Final results will settle in between 10 to 14 days.
· Results last from 3 to 6 months
· Because of the amount of product and longevity of this treatment, the cost is more expensive than a lip flip
· Procedure can take up to an hour because a numbing cream will be applied to your lips before the injections are administered.
What the first 14 days look like after getting lip filler:
A popular option for some is to combine both lip filler with a lip flip as the muscles in the lips will be relaxed and could increase the longevity of your lip filler treatment.
Whatever you decide, our nurse injector will make sure you’re comfortable with your decision and answer any questions before getting started. She can guide you on the best way to achieve the results you’re looking for, whether they are subtle enhancements or additional volume.
Additional questions or ready to book your appointment? Call us at 817-361-1372
Also be sure to check out our Monthly Specials as we often run specials on our injectable products.