Scheduling a facial is important to maintaining your healthy skin or taking action to address your current skincare concerns. Each of our facials use cutting-edge technology, techniques and medical grade products provide results driven, customized results. Knowing that life is crazier than ever these days, our team of aestheticians are dedicated to helping you get the most out of every appointment you schedule with us.
Knowing your time and money you spend with us is precious, we’re sharing some tips on how to ensure you get the best, longest-lasting results out of your facial treatment.
And they start before you even walk through our doors . . .
Before your treatment:
1) Book your appointment on a day on a day when you have minimal plans and don’t have to apply makeup later that day. Depending on the treatment you’re having, you may need to consider your plans for 2 to 3 days after your procedure as well. This is something that should be explained when making your appointment.
2) Come in with a clean face. If you arrive with makeup on, removing your makeup and prepping your skin for your facial just takes time away from your actual procedure.
3) Before you get started, make sure your aesthetician understands your skin care concerns.
This is for two reasons: 1) to make sure you’re receiving the best treatment to address those concerns and 2) so the aesthetician can explain how to best achieve those results. Depending on the state of your skin or your desired results, it may take a series or combination of treatments, combined with a new skincare regime, to achieve long-lasting results you’re satisfied with.
After your treatment:
1) Leave the serums and any other products applied to your skin on for the rest of the day, unless otherwise directed. Your skin will continue to benefit from the products applied to your face for the rest of the day.
2) This is next one is crucial. Follow the after-care instructions given to you by your aesthetician. This may involve not going out into direct sun for a couple days, using specific products they’ve recommended and not using other products currently in your skincare regime. If instructions aren’t followed, not only could the results from your facial be compromised, you could end up doing even more damage to your skin.
If your skin care goals require a series of treatments, book your next appointment (as recommended) to ensure you’re able to achieve your long-term skin care goals.
3) Go home to avoid any direct sunlight that may damage your skin.
4) When you go to bed, make sure you’re sleeping on clean sheets and pillows. After a facial, especially certain most invasive facial treatments, your skin is more porous and vulnerable. Any bacteria on your sheets and pillows can be easily absorbed into your skin, negating any positive effects from your treatment.
Need more skincare advice? We’re just a phone call away: 817-361-1372